I designed an illustrated version of this poem, by Walter de la Mare, to bring it to life and guide foreign students to some of the key vocabulary.
When you first open the PowerPoint presentation you will see a Black Screen.
- Click twice, separately, to bring up the title and author’s name.
- One more click will start the first verse scrolling onto the screen.
- There are four lines in each verse. You only need to click once for each verse. Resist the urge to rush, as the lines and pictures appear at roughly reading speed!
- There are three verses on each screen, and three screens in all. When all three verses on the first screen have finished, including the ferns at the bottom of the third verse,
- Click again to start the second screen, clicking only once for each whole verse, as above.
- Then click for the third screen, as above.
I hope you find the presentation illuminating for your students – and that you enjoy it!